Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Role: Permanent & Full Time
Our client is a leading provider of private sixth form education in the UK and are a leader in the field of exam-orientated education. The College offers students a University feel and a close focus on the individual.
The ideal candidate will be educated at degree level and preferably have some experience with private education, but this is not essential.
The Exams Officer is responsible for organising and delivering Examinations projects and targets of the annual exam cycle in order to enable smooth, efficient operations of the College and stress-free exam experience for students.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Meeting with students upon registration to establish their initial learner profiles in the college’s system
• Researching and developing understanding of current A-level, GCSE and iGCSE specifications. Maintaining and updating entry code and specification database
• Organising and administering University Admission Tests for students applying for Cambridge, Oxford and Russell Group universities
• Collaborating with the SEN (Special Educational Needs) Assessor, SENDCo, college administrator to manage and complete Access Arrangements applications
• Managing the college’s internal and exam boards’ systems to establish yearly exam entries and timetables
• Delivering effective communications with students, parents and teachers
• Planning and coordinating resources from administration, teaching faculties, IT and premises; leading invigilation team to organise and administer internal mock exams, summer exam series and results day
Skills and Requirements
• Keen attention to details, being able to deliver high degree of accuracy under time constraints and pressure
• Strong organisational and time-management skills
• A flexible, adaptive and organised approach to work, exercising initiatives and confidence
• Team player
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written form and orally
• Proficiency with data management, Google Mail and Microsoft Office, familiarity with Mac OS is a plus but not essential
• Ability to deal with confidentiality
• Ability to maintain professionalism and composure in difficult situations
• Experience and understanding of the A-level and GCSE examination systems / sixth form education are beneficial but not essential
• Enjoys working in education settings
• University degree
Salary: Competitive (£28,000 - £32,000 for the right candidate)
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: 8.30am – 6pm, Monday - Friday
Holiday: 20 days plus the Christmas holidays (holiday to be taken in school holidays)
Farrer Barnes Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Farrer Barnes Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.